Terms of Service
This policy may change over time, but any future changes will not affect data that was collected under a previous version of this policy. If any modifications substantially change your rights, we will send an email summarizing the changes to the address associated with your Medikyu account and provide notice on the App.
When We Collect Data
Activate a Device
When activating a Medikyu Device, you may be asked to download the Medikyu App and enter information about yourself.
Create a Medikyu Account
If you want to access data collected by your Device, you must create a Medikyu account. When you create a Medikyu account, we ask for some personal information, including your email address and date of birth. Your account user name that you create will be used to log into your account. We do not display your email address to other users.
Sync Your Device
When you sync your Device through the App, data recorded on your Device about your dosing habits is transferred from your Device to our servers. This data is stored and used to provide the Medikyu Service and is associated with your account. Each time a sync occurs, we log data about the transmission. Some examples of the log data are the sync time and date, device battery level, and the IP address used when syncing.
Whenever you contact Medikyu for help, we collect your name and email address along with additional information you provide in your request so that we can provide you with assistance and improve the Medikyu Service. You can also contact Medikyu on public forums such as Twitter or Facebook; however, we cannot maintain the privacy of your communication to us if you contact us through these channels.
Add Family Member, Friend, or Caregiver
To help you stay motivated on your dosing habits, Medikyu lets you add family, friend, or caregivers to receive alerts. When you share your friends or caregiver’s contact information with us we will only use it for this purpose.
Why We Collect Data
Medikyu uses your data to provide you with the best experience possible, to help you make the most of your service and improve health habits, and to improve and protect the Medikyu Service. Here are some examples:
- Contact information is used to send you alerts and to inform you about new features or products we think you would be interested in.
- Data and logs are used in research to understand and improve the Medikyu Device and Medikyu Service; to troubleshoot the Medikyu Service; to detect and protect against error, fraud or other criminal activity; and to enforce the Medikyu Terms of Service.
- De-identified data that does not identify you may be used to inform the health community about trends; for marketing and promotional use; or for sale to interested audiences. See “Sharing of De-identified Data That Does Not Identify You” to learn more.
Data That Could Identify You
Personal Identifiable Information (PII) is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, or data that could reasonably be linked back to you. We will only share this data under the following circumstances:
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), or governmental or regulatory request, to enforce or apply the Terms of Service or Terms of Sale, to protect the security or integrity of the Medikyu Service, and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Medikyu, its employees, users, or others. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
- Some of your PII will include, without limitation, your individually identifiable device readings.
Data That Does Not Identify You (De-Identified Data)
Medikyu may share or sell aggregated, de-identified data that does not identify you, with partners and the public in a variety of ways, such as by providing research or reports about dosing trends. When we provide this information, we perform appropriate procedures so that the data does not identify you and we contractually prohibit recipients of the data from re-identifying it back to you.
Medikyu may also ask you to participate in surveys (processed by Medikyu or third parties) that help us understand your use of the Medikyu Service. Any PII you provide to Medikyu will only be used in relation to that survey and as stated in this policy.
How Long We Save Your Data
We store your PII for as long as you maintain a Medikyu account.
How to Deactivate Your Medikyu Account
You can deactivate your Medikyu account by contacting Customer Support. When you do, data that can identify you will be removed from the Medikyu Service, including but not limited to your email and name. Medikyu may continue to use your de-identified data after you deactivate your account.
How Does Medikyu Keep My Data Safe?
Medikyu uses a combination of technical and administrative security controls to maintain the security of your data. If you have a security-related concern, please contact via email to Contact@medikyu.com